Scholarships are awarded at the University, College and Departmental levels, respectively. The College of Life Sciences only offers scholarships for the Fall and Winter semesters.
ALL applicants for a College of Life Sciences Scholarship MUST have applied for a university scholarship.
All Department Scholarship Applications are part of the College Scholarship Application with exception of the Exercise Sciences Department Scholarship Application.
The primary goal of the College Scholarship Committee is to award a scholarship to as many students as possible. Therefore, applicants receiving a university scholarship will be considered for, but not guaranteed, a college scholarship.
Tips for excellent applications:
- Don't miss the deadline.
- Make sure that the application is complete and that you have hit the "Submit" button.
- Although only 2 letters of recommendation are required, request 3 so that if someone misses the deadline your application still has 2 letters.
- Don't think reviewers don't read essays and letters of recommendation. They do, and weigh them heavily. Have somebody else proofread your essays.
February 1 - University Scholarship Deadline
February 1 - College of Life Sciences Scholarship Deadline
April 1 - Recommendations for College Scholarship Due
June 15 - College of Life Sciences Scholarship Decisions
1. Completeness of application, including the number of recommendations (2 required) and essays.
2. Grade Point Average
3. Content of essays (Thoughtfulness, clarity, etc.)
4. Letters of Recommendation