Alisha (Hayden) Redelfs is a Brigham Young University alumni, earning her Master of Public Health from the university. She completed her Doctor of Public Health (DrPH) in Health Promotion and Behavioral Sciences from the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston - School of Public Health. Dr. Redelfs' previous work as Deputy Director for Research and Evaluation for the Paso del Norte Institute for Healthy Living at the University of Texas at El Paso centered on utilization-focused evaluation, program planning, and communicating complexity in a simplified manner within a community context. As a translational scientist intent on making best practices in health accessible and available to all communities, Dr. Redelfs is developing partnerships and provides support to community organizations that will to lead to greater behavior change and improved health in Utah County and the surrounding region.
Dr. Redelfs is currently teaching courses in health communications and advocacy as well as research methods.
Dr. Redelfs' research often involves the application of devices typically only available to researchers for the improvement and enhancement of community interventions. One example is using the VEGGIE METERTM - a device that uses reflectance spectroscopy to provide a score for fruit and vegetable intake - as a motivational tool to positively influence behavior change. Additional areas of interest include data visualization, behavioral theory, LatinX health disparities, physical activity, and sedentary behavior, as well as the prevention and treatment of obesity.
- DrPH, Leadership & Quantitative Analysis, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, School of Public Health, 2013
- MPH, , Brigham Young University, 2010
- BS, Biology, Chemistry, Rocky Mountain College, 2003
- AS, Biology, Snow College, 2001
Academic - Post-Secondary
Deputy Director for Research and Evaluation, Paso del Norte Institute for Healthy Living at the University of Texas at El Paso, 2014-2018
- American Evaluation Association (AEA), 2017-Present
- The Obesity Society, 2014-Present
- Society for Public Health Education (SOPHE), 2010-Present
Honors and Awards
Snow College : Snow Distinguished Alumni: 40 Under Forty
- HLTH 618: Survey & Research Methods Section 001
- HLTH 431: Hlth Comm and Advocacy Section 001