Alternate (maiden) name I publish under: Elizabeth Gibbons
- Introductory Biology for Non-Majors
- Introductory Biology for Majors
- Cell Biology
- Cancer Biology
- Gender Gaps in Biology Education
- Reciprocal Peer Tutoring
- Course Structures that Promote Growth Mindset
- Cumulative Assessment
- Integration of Math and Biology
- Membrane Biophysics
- PhD, Physiology and Developmental Biology, Brigham Young University, 2013
- BS, Biophysics, Brigham Young University, 2008
Academic - Post-Secondary
- Assistant Professor, Brigham Young University, 2018-Present
- Assistant Teaching Professor, Georgetown University, 2017-2018
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Brigham Young University - Hawaii, 2016-2017
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Brigham Young University, 2014-2016
- Adjunct Faculty, Salt Lake Community College, 2014-2014
- Adjunct Faculty, Brigham Young University, 2013-2014
- Society for the Advancement of Biology Education Research, 2012-Present
- Biophysical Society, 2008-2014
- BIO 100: Principles of Biology Section 025, 026
- BIO 494R: Mentored Research Section 036
- BIO 494R: Mentored Research Section 027
- BIO 494R: Mentored Research Section 23
- BIO 100: Principles of Biology Section 011, 012
- BIO 494R: Mentored Research Section 025
Bailey EG, Baek D, Meiling J, Morris C, Nelson N, Rice N, Rose S, Stockdale P. 2018. Learning Gains from Recurring ‘Teach and Question’ Homework Assignment in an Introductory Biology Course for Non-Majors: Utilizing Reciprocal Peer Tutoring Outside of Class.
Bailey EG, Jensen JL, Nelson J, Wiberg HK, Bell JD. 2017. Weekly Formative Exams and Creative Grading Enhance Student Learning in an Introductory Biology Course.
Vaughn AR, Bell TA, Gibbons E, Hirsche K, Moulton E, Schwab M, Nelson J, Bell JD. 2015. Relationships between membrane water molecules and patman equilibration kinetics at temperatures far above the phosphatidylcholine melting point. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta-Biomembranes. 1848(4):942-950.
Jones SR, Bailey EG. STEM connections: Examples of conceptual blending between biology and mathematics. Transforming Research in Undergraduate STEM Education. St. Paul, Minnesota. 2017 .