- The purpose of The College of Life Sciences Inspiring Learning Fellowships is to provide students with authentic research-based experiential learning opportunities with qualified off-campus internship experience providers. Many of the experience providers are located outside of Utah. Majority of them are Life Science faculty colleagues.
- The College provides scholarships for these fellowships to strengthen and enhance the learning of Life Science students. Scholarships are available up to $8,000.
- A current Life Science major who will not graduate before August 2019.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must enroll in at least 1.0 credit hour of internship (399R or 496R) through your department, or LFSCI 399R. A minimum of 42 contact hours is required for each credit hour.
- If selected, must submit weekly video blog and answer weekly video questions.
- Select an Internship
Click here for a list of the available internships
Submission Guidelines and Selection
- Submit an online application. Application are due by January 31, 2019, 11:59pm.
- Premed Research Internship at Harvard/Stanford/Utah has a seperate application process and their application deadline is December 31, 2018. Please apply to both Inspiring Learning Fellowship application and follow the Premed Research Internship at Harvard/Stanford/Utah application process.
- Tolero Pharmaceutical internships has two seperate application process. Please apply to both Inspiring Learning Fellowship application by January 31, 2019 and to Simmons Center for Cancer Research by February 15th at 5pm.
In addition to the online application, each student must submit:
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member with whom the student has conducted research
- A copy of his/her resume.
- Students will be notified by email in early March of the status of their application.