Life Sciences Funded Internships (LSFI).
Life Sciences Funded Internships (LSFI) (formerly known as Inspiring Learning Fellowships or ILF’s) are prestigious summer internships at facilities with whom the College has formal agreements to accept our students. The College will pay up to $8,000 directly to students who receive an LSFI.
Requirements for eligibility
- Eligible applicants must be a Life Sciences or Neuroscience major.
- A student who will not graduate before August 2020.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Must enroll in at least 1.0 credit hour of internship (399R or 496R) through their department, or LFSCI 399R. A minimum of 42 contact hours is required for each credit hour.
- If selected, must be willing to submit a weekly update to the dean's office and a concluding thank you letter to the donors.
- Submit the online application. Applications are due by February 7th, 2020 by 11:59pm.
- In addition to the online application, each student must also submit:
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member with whom the student has conducted research
- A copy of his/her resume.
- The Premed Research Internship at Harvard/Stanford/Utah has a separate application process and their application deadline is December 31, 2019. Please complete both the LSFI application and the Premed Research Internship at Harvard/Stanford/Utah application.
- Tolero Pharmaceutical internships has a separate application process. Please complete both the LSFI application by January 31, 2020 and to the Simmons Center for Cancer Research by February 15th at 5pm.
Students will be notified by email in early March of the status of their application.