BYU Faculty Women's Association announces officers, award winners
Susan Fullmer, an associate teaching professor in the Department of Nutrition, Dietetics and Food Science, is the new president
During its annual Spring Retreat in April, the BYU Faculty Women's Association announced a new slate of officers for 2012-2013 as well as the recipients of its FWA awards.
Susan Fullmer, an associate teaching professor in the Department of Nutrition, Dietetics and Food Science, is the new president. Connie Lamb of the Lee Library is the past president. Other officers include:
- Denise Halvorson (Mathematics) vice president/president-elect
- Allyson Washburn (Lee Library) secretary
- Tomoe Witherspoon (Spanish and Portuguese) treasurer
- Beth Hedengren (English/University Writing) newsletter editor
- Rickelle Richards (Nutrition, Dietetics and Food Science) historian
- Jane Birch (Faculty Center) website and communications director.
The FWA Awards, which honor outstanding contributions by women faculty members at the university, included:
- Teaching, Kristin Matthews (English)
- Creative Work, Shani Robison (Dance)
- Scholarship, Donna Lee Bowen (Political Science)
- Citizenship, Nora Nyland (Nutrition, Dietetics, and Food Science) and Bonnie Anderson (Information Systems)
For the association's annual service project, FWA members donated more than $400 to the Center for Women and Children in Crisis. In addition, many supplies were collected for the center, including pillows, towels and clothing.
The purpose of the association is to support the mission of BYU, to promote solidarity and a sense of community among its members, to improve the quality of professional life for faculty women on campus, and to increase awareness of and sensitivity to gender issues at BYU.
For more information, contact Beth Hedengren, firstname.lastname@example.org, 801-422-3486.
Original article published in BYU News, April 25, 2012.