I received my BS degree in Athletic Training from BYU in 1999, Masters of Education from the University of Nebraska in 2002, and PhD in Exercises Science from BYU in 2010. I have worked as a Certified Athletic Trainer in the collegiate setting, clinic setting, high school setting, and professional setting. The majority of my athletic training practice was spent with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. I have worked as both full time and adjunct faculty at Utah Valley University and BYU and was hired as an Assistant Professor at BYU in 2010.
Research InterestsMy research interests have largely focused on the efficacy and efficiency of therapeutic modalities. Within the spectrum of modalities I have spent the majority of my time with heating instruments and their effect on tissue reaction, both superficially and deep.
Teaching InterestsMy teaching interests are orthopedic injury evaluation, both upper and lower extremity. I have also taught pharmacology, focusing on chemical and mechanical processes of drug delivery and the body reaction to drug therapy.
- PhD, Exercise Science , Medicine and Rehabilitation, Brigham Young University (2010)
Licenses and Certifications
- Utah Department of Commerce, Athletic Trainer, Licensed (2010 - Present)
- NATA Board Of Certification, Certified Athletic Trainer (1999 - Present)
- Red Cross, CPR/AED (2017 - 2019)
- Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing, Athletic Trainer, Licensed (2017 - 2019)
Honors and Awards
- Minor League Baseball Pioneer League Executive of the Year, Minor League Baseball (2009 - Present)
- Professional Baseball Athletic Trainers Scholaraship, Professional Baseball Athletic Trainers Society (2005 - Present)
- Professional Baseball Athletic Trainers Scholaraship , Professional Baseball Athletic Trainers Society (2004 - Present)
- Professional Baseball Athletic Trainers Scholaraship , Professional Baseball Athletic Trainers Society (2003 - Present)
- Utah Athletic Trainers Society (2010 - Present)
- Committee/Council Chair, Utah Athletic Trainers Association (2019 - Present)
- Committee/Council Member, Rocky Mountain Athletic Trainers Association (2011 - 2019)
- Committee/Council Chair, Utah Athletic Trainers Association (2012 - 2018)
- Committee/Council Member, Utah Athletic Trainers Association (2011 - 2012)