Research InterestsSensory Analysis, particularly testing techniques and protocol and relationships between sensory science and marketing.
Food engineering. Dairy and meat science.
Labeling and sensory perception.
Teaching InterestsEssentials of Food Science
Food Process Engineering
Techniques for Sensory Evaluation
Food Commodity Processing
- Ph.D., Food Science , Utah State University (2011)
- M.S., Food Science , Brigham Young University (1998)
- B.S., Food Science , Chemistry, Brigham Young University (1994)
Licenses and Certifications
- Institute of Food Technologists, Certified Food Scientist (2013 - Present)
- National Restaurant Association, ServSafe (2013 - Present)
Honors and Awards
- Distinguished Service Award, College of Life Sciences (2010)
- Society of Sensory Professionals (2015 - Present)
- Committee/Council Chair, Society of Sensory Professionals (2017 - Present)
- Committee/Council Member, Society of Sensory Professionals (2015 - 2016)