Adding a Minor Considerations:
While a minor can enhance a student’s educational experience, it needs to be well-planned in order for the student to graduate in a timely manner. Students who desire a minor should declare it prior to completing 90 BYU credits; otherwise, they will need to petition to add the minor.
Some minors need to be pre-approved by other Advisement Centers before students may declare them (see list below).
Students will need to petition (fill out Part 2 of the minor request form) to add a minor if:
- They have over 90 BYU credits (not including language challenge exam credits or transfer credits) OR
- They have a double major OR
- They have a currently declared minor OR
- The minor is not related to their major (see the "Explore Related Minors" form)
How Do I Declare a Minor?
Pick one of these options:
- Click the link below to fill out the form (see instructions below). Email completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Print the completed form and turn it into Life Sciences Advisement in 2060 LSB.
- You may also pick up a form at Life Sciences Advisement.
Filling out the Minor Request Form:
- If you do not need to petition (see what constitutes a petition above) fill out only Part 1.
- If you need to petition fill out the entire form (Parts 1 and 2).
- Please call the Advisement Center with any questions at 801-422-3042.
To declare one of the minors listed below please visit the applicable College Advisement Center in addition to filling out the Life Sciences Minor Request Form.
College of Fine Arts and Communications
College of Humanities
Marriott School of Business
|Dual-Language Immersion K-12 Teaching
|*The Global Business and Literacy minor
|cannot be added if the student already has a Management minor*
|International Cinema Studies
|Writing and Rhetoric
|Media Arts Studies
|Theatre Arts Studies