Skip to main content

Change of Major

Steps to Changing your Major

Note: Once you've begun taking classes, "declaring your major" is the same process as changing your major.

  1. Request a change of major in MyMap (go to "Tools" and click on "Change Major Request").
  2. Make an appointment to see an advisor in the College of Life Sciences Advisement Center (801-422-3042).
  3. Plan your courses before you meet with an advisor. Using MyMAP is recommended: click here for more info.
  4. If you have more than 75 BYU credit hours without language exam credits complete a "Petition to Change Majors as a Senior" form (click here).